Start your own family traditions to keep your home school unified and lively.
Here are a few of our traditions:
1. I have been a Girl Scout since I was a little girl, and make it a point to enroll my own children in Girl Scouts at the earliest possible age.
2. We are a baton twirling family, and participate in as many community events and talent shows as possible.
3. I make pancakes for breakfast on either Saturday or Sunday of every week, and my husband gets to have his breakfast in bed.
4. I keep journals of my own life, and the lives of the children so that they can have a family history of sorts when they get older.
5. I still read aloud to my children, even though one of them is a teenager. There is no rule that says that children can only be exposed to great literature when they are able to read it for themselves.
6. My mother taught me how to crochet when I was in the fourth grade, and now I am blessed to be able to pass that skill on to my own daughters.
What can you do to create some traditions for your own family?